Friday, January 25, 2008

Because there's nothing else on.

Oxygen is playing Peggy Sue Got Married. Again. This is the third time I've had this on in the background in the middle of the night in the past two weeks. It's not a bad movie, but it is deeply unsettling to see Jim Carrey making out with the mom from Seventh Heaven.

(Speaking of the Oxygen Network, I really thought these "networks for women" were supposed to have empowering, forward-thinking programming. Or at least shows that I wouldn't be embarrassed by their very existence. Could someone please explain the socially-redeeming value of The Bad Girls Club?)

(Okay, now that I've actually looked at the link, I suppose it does have a decent premise. But the ads just make it look like incredibly trashy reality TV. And would an apostrophe kill them?)

No comments: